Traditionally, Valentine's Day has been the day for couples to celebrate their reach for the stars, World Series, one of a kind type of love. Let's be honest, we've all spent a Valentine's Day or two without someone to bring us chocolate, a bear, or take us out on a date. The Little Love Boutique firmly believes all people need love regardless of their circumstances. So we've created our guide for surviving Valentine's Day if you are single. For some it can be a rough holiday to get through, which is completely understandable.
How To Guide:
- First things first, let's start off with some positive affirmations.
- I am Loved.
- I am Worthy of The Love I deserve.
- I welcome love, abundance, and happiness into my life.
- Now that we've gotten that out of the way! Next, pick out a cute outfit. Wether you want to be comfy or dressed up. We've got you covered. Check out our Love Day Collection to find something cute to own the day. We recommend going with either our Self Love crewneck sweatshirt or our Worthy To Be Loved Long Sleeve T-shirt. Both great choices to speak positivity into your day.
- After your ready to head out, make your first stop either your favorite smoothie or coffee spot. Nothings better than a morning pick me up to get you in a good mood. We highly recommend the Matcha Tea Latte from Starbucks with Vanilla Bean, it's delicious!
- Next, pick your favorite breakfast spot to grab something yummy to start you on your way.
- Ok so now you look great, feel good, and are fully fueled for the day. To make this day really perfect. Pick 2-3 of your favorite things to do that bring you inner peace. Spend the rest of the day doing those things.
- Instead of listening to the radio, create a playlist for the car ride with your favorite songs from childhood till present. Your favorite podcast works as well!
- Don't forget to grab yourself something tasty for lunch so that you're ready for the night because you have something special in store for yourself!
- Before heading home decide on if you're picking up dinner to go from your favorite restaurant or calling in delivery. If you have a favorite wine pick that up as well.
- Once dinner is covered head home and run yourself a hot bubble bath with a glass of your favorite wine (cranberry juice works as well). Light a candle or get your oil diffuser going to set the mood and relax.
- After you've cleaned yourself up from the day, find a good comedy something that will really make you laugh. Oh we almost forgot. Make your bed up! It's something about a made up bed that just makes you feel good. Then jump on in and enjoy your night.
A few disclaimers:
- If you've just recently ended a relationship or struggle with Valentine's Day, stay off of social media for the day. You don't want to have anytime devoted to feeling sorry for yourself or getting overwhelmed with emotions that lead to calling someone you shouldn't.
- Only drink alcoholic beverages if you are 21+
- Remember it is NOTHING wrong with being single on Valentine's Day. Being single means you have more time for self love. Remember it's impossible to love anyone else if you don't fully love yourself.
- Stay busy, focus on positive affirmations throughout the day to keep your mind in a good place.
- If you are someone who enjoys Valentine's Day wether you have someone or not, encourage someone else who may not make it through the day as graceful as you can.
Let us know what you think of our guide below!